2.28 kg chicken wings
FOR THE MARINADE
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 clove garlic – minced
1/2 teaspoon Chipotle powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
SMOKED BLUE CHEESE DIP
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon onion, grated
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/3 cup smoked blue cheese, crumbled
- For use with your Broil King Pellet Grill or Keg! Turn your Broil King® Pellet grill on then press the SMOKE 135°C button. Follow the standard start-up instructions and preheat the grill completely.Light the Broil King® Keg and adjust the settings for a constant temperature of 135°C. Do not use a diffuser pan. Scatter soaked wood chips over the coals.
- Cut each wing at the joint to make two pieces, and discard the tip.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, garlic, spices and vinegar. Add chicken wings and toss to coat. Place the chicken wings on the Keg, using two layers of racks if needed. After 1/2 hour, move the wings around for even cooking. Continue to smoke for another 1/2 hour to an hour, until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Place the chicken wings on the grilling surface, use the warming rack if necessary. After 1/2 hour, move the wings around for even cooking. Continue to smoke for another 1/2 hour to 1 hour, until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Serve with assorted raw vegetables. Mix the dip ingredients together in a medium bowl and cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to develop the flavours.