1 kg of ground lamb
1 Tbsp. Ras El Hanout (Moroccan spice blend)
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE
1/2 cup fig jam
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. Fig balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. Pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Using a small whisk, blend until smooth.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
Cook until thickened (about 10 minutes).
Whisk during cooking to keep the mixture smooth.
The sauce is ready when it nicely coats the back of a spoon.
Remove from heat.
Place in a container and let cool.
- In a large bowl combine the ground lamb and seasoning.
- Shape into 1 1/2 inch meatballs (about 30).
- Place meatballs onto double pronged skewers (about 5-6 per skewer) **do not crowd them**
- Heat the grill to MEDIUM-HIGH
- Spray grates with oil.
- Grill the meatballs for about 10 minutes (until cooked), turning several times to nicely brown all sides.
- Remove from grill.
- Take meatballs of the skewers, pile onto a plate.
- Serve with dipping sauce.